Saturday, October 27, 2012

WWF Superstars of Wrestling 3/17/1990

WWF Superstars of Wrestling 3/17/1990

Last week's show is here: http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/wwf-superstars-of-wrestling-3101990.html

"Jesse, you're no different than the chameleon's out in the desert. You change colors every week!" - Vince McMahon
"That's right, Hulk Hogan is going to win at Wrestlemania 6!" - Jesse Ventura

Brutus The Barber Beefcake vs Terry Zeller
"Is the referee gonna make sure he's not breathing or what before he stops the match." - Vince McMahon
"He'll make sure he is real far out so Brutus can give him a haircut and butcher him." - Jesse Ventura
"It's not butchering." - Vince
"He's trying to make him look like Curly on the stooges." - Jesse Ventura
Brutus Beefcake beat Terry Zeller with a sleeperhold and then cut his hair after. Not much of a match here. Bruti got the win in about 2 minutes after a bodyslam and a sleeper.

"Did Warrior see the natural food chain and go for the kill? Or was it like my little Hulkster's said, "He's just trying to protect you man, he's not the enemy."
"I don't believe either one. I don't know what his mission is." - Hulk Hogan
"Ashes to ashes and dust to dust, at the end of Wrestlemania, it'll be the Hulkster and God they still trust." - Hulk Hogan
"For us to fulfill our destiny, for us to repay the ones that did make the sacrfice, we must protect Hulk Hogan." - The Ultimate Warrior
"Hulk Hogan, the challenges that lay before you now mean nothing. For those that will AT MY COMMAND drop from the SkyDome, 5 or 6 miles above the ring and sacrifice all they have. For them Hulk Hogan, I must protect you. From your own fears." - The Ultimate Warrior
"Yes Warriors, I understand. There is no reasoning. But we must accept because in the end, he knows, Hulk Hogan, already knows Warriors. He knows that we, that I, the Ultimate Warrior can protect you, natural disasters, normal disasters, but I Hulk Hogan, have no control over the Warriors. Therefore, Hulk Hogan, I cannot protect you from the power of the Ultimate Warrior." - The Ultimate Warrior
Bad News Brown vs Stephan DeLeon
"Hey Piper, take a good look, because in Wrestlermania 6, you have to get in the ring with me. And if there's one thing I can't stand, it's a skirt wearing sissy." - Bad News Brown
GHETTO BLASTER
Bad News Brown beat Stephan DeLeon with the Ghetto Blaster. Brown was rough here slamming DeLeon's face into the mat and hitting a hard clothesline before hitting the ghetto blaster for the win.

"You know what they do in some countries Akeem? They catch you stealing, they cut off your hand or worse. Worse sounds better, haha." - Ted Dibiase
Akeem's promo was pretty much the same as one from a few episodes ago with the money back gurantee.
"When you hear shaking, it's going to be me Earthquake, doing the Garvin Stomp on you. You hear me?" - Rugged Ronnie Garvin
The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase vs Pistol Pez Whatley
"It's unbelieveable Jake Roberts that I have to wrestle you in the ring for somathing that already belongs to me." - Ted Dibiase
"Right here, Jake. Take a look at this." - Ted Dibiase
"He thinks he's better than everybody else because he has more money. That's wrong in my book." - Vince McMahon
"That's not wrong in my book." - Jesse Ventura
"Your book doesn't have so many pages in it." - Vince McMahon

Ted Dibiase beat Pez Whatley with a Million Dollar Dream and then put money in his mouth after. Decent squash with Pez getting a little offense in during the beginning before getting his whooping. I bet the money in his mouth was better than his payoff. I can just imagine Vince now, "Pez, spit that out!".

We then got the same Rockers/Hercules promo from I think the last episode, followed by the same Bad News Brown promo.

Hey, the WWF actually sold a few of those.
Dusty Rhodes vs Gerald Fickle(?)
"Sapphire's still dancin', there is no music." - Vince McMahon
"There is in her head." - Jesse Ventura
Dusty Rhodes won with the Bionic Elbow here in very little time. I think he maybe hit a few punches besides that and that's really it here.

The Brother Love Show with the Colossal Connection and Bobby The Brain Heenan
There was a reason Bobby was the manager of the Colossal Connection. It's because Andre and Haku were impossible to understand. I have no idea what they said here but Bobby said that they will fix the problem that is Demolition.
"Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase, that's what you are. At Wrestlemania 6, let's cut the crap." - Jake The Snake Roberts
"At Wrestlemania 6, Slick and Akeem, you are going to find out about Boss Man's Cobb County justice. You can count on it punk." - The Big Boss Man
"At Wrestlemania 6, we're gonna be singing it live." - Greg Valentine
"It's called a Hunka Hunka Honky Love." - The Honky Tonk Man
"Hi folks, Steve Allen here. There's gonna be lots of funny buisness at Wrestlemania and I'll be here to show it to you." - Steve Allen
"Whatever happened to Ms. Elizabeth? Where is she? I'm Rona Barrett and I'll tell you in my exclusive report at Wrestlemania." - Rona Barrett
"Hello, I'm Robert Goulet. Now over the years, I've appeared alongside some of the biggest names in showbizness. But on April 1st, I'll be ippearing with Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania. Now those are some real heavyweights." - Robert Goulet
Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs The Black Knight
"Hacksaw, you wanna represent all the Americans, well come on down in my backyard in Toronto." - Dino Bravo
"U-S-A, U-S-A." - Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Hacksaw Jim Duggan beat The Black Knight with a clothesline. Not much to see here but a squash. We are getting Bravo vs Duggan at Mania. I don't know about that one.

Overall thoughts: Skip this one. They did a ton of stuff last week and the week before and really had nothing here. No angles, nothing of any value really. Pretty boring show overall with rehashed promos.

No comments :

Post a Comment